Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sunday Comics

When I was growing up, reading the Sunday paper was a huge part of my routine Sunday. I liked all the fluffy stuff they put in there...especially the Sunday Comics. I haven't had a subscription to a newspaper for my entire adult life, and really, what I miss most are those little snippets of color and humor...Here are a few of my faves:


Get Fuzzy

I love this one...wasn't really one I grew up with, I was introduced to it via my parents subscription post-childhood. But it is definitely one of my faves. I mean, "Little 'publican Annie Liberal Decoder Ring?"
Fantastic.

Calvin and Hobbes
Good ol' Calvin and Hobbes. Besides reading these in the daily paper, my brother always got the books...I could read any of the strips whenever I felt like it.

For Better or For Worse

Who didn't grow up with this family in real-time? Not as hilarious as some of the others, but very endearing in a Family Circus type of way...


Doonesbury, by Garry Trudeau
Doonesbury

Ah, Doonesbury. This is how I kept up with politics and current events when the newspaper articles were bland and tired...

Dilbert, by Scott Adams
The Official Dilbert Website featuring Scott Adams Dilbert strips, animations and more

And of course, Dilbert. I would read it as a kid, but now that I officially spend half my work day in a cubicle, I get it. Ha.

What are your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment